Corin Nemec is probably best known for his role as Jonas Quinn in Stargate SG-1 (2002-2004) and as Christian Campbell in Supernatural (2010). This amazing actor has also appeared in the 90’s classic teen sitcom Parker Lewis Can’t Lose (1990-1993) as Parker Lewis, in Smallville (2002-2012) as Jude Royce and in many more great productions.
Stargate SG-1 fans will remember Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn, the Langaran scientist with a mind that works as smoothly and consistently as a clockwork. A beautiful asset to the Stargate team. Even the audience seemed to like it. Not an easy task when you know that his character had to fill the hole that the beloved Michael Shanks left when leaving the series at the end of season 5. That requires serious skills.
If you’d like to see him shine in a lead role, then we can recommend watching Parker Lewis Can’t Lose, a 90’s teen sitcom that has launched his acting career. And if you’re willing to dive deep into movie history, the cult classics MosquitoMan/Mansquito (2005) and Sand Sharks (2012) are quite cool in their own way. But the list of Corin Nemec’s achievements doesn’t stop there.
Corin Nemec has been a guest at FACTS before (in 2005), but we’re just as excited to welcome him back as a guest for FACTS October 2017. He will be available on Saturday and Sunday for photoshoots, signing sessions and Q&A. Come and meet him on the 21st and 22nd of October in Flanders Expo Ghent!
The many faces of Corin Nemec
1. Jonas Quinn in Stargate SG-1 (2002-2004)
2. Christian Campbell in Supernatural (2010)
Facts about Corin Nemec:
- Corin Nemec’s first role was really early on in his life, for the TV series Webster.
- Corin Nemec was inspired to become an actor after watching the children’s film The Goonies at the age of 13, for which his father had done the art direction.
- Corin Nemec’s birth name is Joseph Charles Nemec IV. He alledgedly changed his name to Corin, which is derived from his mother’s nickname for him: Corky.
- His mother is a graphics artist, painter, writer and poet while his father was a very successful Art and Production Designer on movies such as “Terminator 2 – Judgement Day”, “The Abyss”, “Patriot Games”, “Twister and Speed 2”.